hello oc. (:
I think elliott's plan is a really good one.
I mean, for all those who blog,..
If you can spare the time you write,
Why can't you spare the time for the oc blog?
Here's something we can do:
Take notes during OC sermons, serious notes.
And then blog your constructive feedback!
This way, while copying notes, the content of the sermon will take root in your hearts.
You'll make significant growth in your spiritual life before long!
At the same time, the speakers can have an idea..
As to what sermon topics will interest the OC,
And then we'd have better sermons,
And then more people'd be interested in listening and assimilating
And then more people'd give feedback
And we'd have a positive cycle :D
Think about it [^-^]V
Haha Was a little frustrated yesterday.. thats all. What i meant to say was.. all those on the sidelines. look down.
Dont let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech in life in love i faith and in purity.
Im gonna try out an experiment. it may take a day, a month, a year. maybe but i'll wait.
lets start with the blog. its really simple, the idea is that, everyday, someone posts a little note [EG: God gave me rain today :) ] As little as it may be, its still something.
its simple, either you can get a blogger account, and leave a message on the tagboard saying you want to post on the blog. OR EVEN SIMPLER. just drop me a short message of what you want to post on my email. firstname.lastname@example.org MSN ME TOO! i'll be waiting.
lets start small. :)
Hey All! Theres gonna be a OC christmas party. Here are the details:
Time and Date
Tuesday, December 23, 2008 at 6:00pm
Wednesday, December 24, 2008 at 12:00am
7A Balmoral Park
1. Attire: Smart casual in RED&GREEN (no fbts allowed!!)
2. POTLUCK: please revert back to dani what you're bringing, or if you dont know A.S.K. pls everybody must bring kthxbai :)
3. Xmas Xchange gift under 10 moolah! If you dont have cannot come in ): ):
PS. Sean is offering transport if you need it!!
HEY GUYS SORRY BUT DUE TO OUR TIGHT SCHEDULES, THE DATE IS TENTATIVE TO CHANGE TO 27TH, WOULD THAT BE BETTER FOR EVERYONE? PLEASE COMMENT!!! :) TY :)
I would have loved to have sometime to speak with all those who answered the altar call yesterday. In fact, i am like DESPERATE to gather all the 20plus or so youths who got up, walked forward and stood in front.
Because answering altar calls is NOT equal to changed lives. After so many years in youth ministry, i have seen countless youths and adults(myself being one of them) answered countless altar calls and re-dedications. And for a couple of weeks, things are exciting... pray abit more... read abit more of the bible... but give it couple more weeks or so... YES... you know what happens. We have all been there and done that.
One day has passed since sunday... ask yourself this question to see if your live has begun to changed (if you read this 1 week later, you can test yourself too):
What did you do differently since answered the altar call? What did you do differently that will enable you to discover and live this life of destiny and purpose? What did you do to come back to God?
Ask yourself another question: Do you know how to begin living for God and discovering the destiny God intends for you?
Hence, my desire to want to speak to all of you and tell you some important things. Most important of all - how to begin changing your lives and living a life of destiny and purpose that glorifies God.
There are many things i want to say. But these few things are fundamental.
1. Authentic Fellowship - you need to gather around friends who has that same desire to grow deep in God. Friends with the same goal of living a life of God-driven purposeful life. Join a small group. Invite your friends to read the bible and do B.S with you. Be a leader, initiate the change.
2. Actualize Scripture - Do not just read the bible. LIVE the bible. Read matthew 7:24, foundations are build when one "reads and puts into practice" scripture.
3. Avail yourself - Serve. Start using the God-given gifts & talents.
Three action questions.
1. Who in my circle of friends have the same goal as me?
2. What areas in my life does God want to begin to change in me?
3. How can I begin to be part of OC, avail myself and give?
praying for all you guys and gals who came up yesterday. my phone and email and ears are always available if you ever want to talk more about anything...
love ya all much.